My name is Mrs. Levey and I am currently teaching 6th grade Language Arts at Wakefield Middle School in Raleigh, NC.


At home, I am the wife to a man always on the go and two growing girls who keep me very busy. When we are not running to orchestra or dance class, we are off to a picnic a the park or some other adventure, including our favorite vacation spot - Disney World.


This blog follows my thoughts on my reading, mostly the ones for Middle Readers, and the adventures of finding that right job...

Friday, July 20, 2012

OWP Day 5

I can't believe it is Friday already.  We have done so much in my class this week and later today we are going to learn about Screen Casting.  This should be interesting - it takes us in the direction of the flipped classroom.  Which really at this point is just a dream.  Will I be able to do it with my students?  It really depends on what kinds of technology I have access to.  Maybe we can do something simple in my student teaching.  Who wants to be my guine pig?  :)  What stories can we create?  Oooh, there is an idea.  What if we created a story in a screen cast that other students could read?  Then again, I need to remember that we only have so much time to work on things in class.  50 minutes really isn't enough time.  I know that you my students have a different opinion on that at this point.  Hopefully I can change your mind.

I've managed to upload all my assignments so far to every possible place that I think Dr. Franklin is going to check.  I'm sure there are more places.  Now that I think about it, I'm sure I should probably upload to Google Plus as well. Sigh!  So many spots on the web, so little time.

I sit here with my group and wonder what next week will bring.  Ashley is off to a Softball tournament.    Rob is getting ready to go talk to the newest English Grad students.  Safia is having a terrible time with her projects as they keep disappearing and I know everyone is trying to figure out how to fix this.  And Audra has uploaded this really cool video on who she is.

This afternoon's question:
What kind of feedback do I want on my digital story?


Oh where to start?  Do I really truly like feedback?  I do and I don't.  So what do I want? I guess ideas. What questions do they have?  This leads up to what I may have missed when I was writing it.  It isn't long so there are a lot of details that I have taken out.  Which as a teacher I guess isn't the best thing, because I will expect details.

No comments:

Post a Comment