My name is Mrs. Levey and I am currently teaching 6th grade Language Arts at Wakefield Middle School in Raleigh, NC.


At home, I am the wife to a man always on the go and two growing girls who keep me very busy. When we are not running to orchestra or dance class, we are off to a picnic a the park or some other adventure, including our favorite vacation spot - Disney World.


This blog follows my thoughts on my reading, mostly the ones for Middle Readers, and the adventures of finding that right job...

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Coming Soon...

It's been a very long time since I last posted and so much has changed.  We moved out of Missouri and to the wonderful world of North Carolina, where I am now a part of the Wakefield Middle School Family.  I just wanted to stop in really quick and let you know that coming soon is the North Carolina Young Adult book list for this year.  I have the books on their way to my house, so reviews will follow as well.  Happy Reading!

Here is the list:
  1. Anybody Shining by Frances O'Roark Dowell, Atheneum Books for Young Readers (October 7, 2014)
  2. Blue Birds by Caroline Starr RoseG.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers (March 10, 2015) {replaces The End by Michael Hopf}
  3. The Crossover by Kwame Alexander,  HMH Books for Young Readers, 2014
  4. The President Has Been Shot by James Swanson, Scholastic Inc, 2013**
  5. The Flame of Olympus by Kate O'Hearn, Aladdin, 2013
  6. The Port Chicago 50 by by Steve Sheinkin, Roaring Brook Press (January 21, 2014)
  7. Rule of Three by Eric Walters, Square Fish (January 20, 2015)
  8. Secret Hum of a Daisy by Tracy Holczer, Putnam Juvenile (2014)
  9. The Troubles of Johnny Cannon by Isaiah Campbell, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (October 14, 2014)
  10. What I Came to Tell You by Tommy Hays, EgmontUSA, 2013
**Note: this is the young readers version of End of Days: The Assassination of John F. Kennedyby the same author.

No comments:

Post a Comment